RACE TIMING SOLUTIONS
SPORTIDENT PROFESSIONAL TIMING SYSTEM
Complete Race-Timing Solutions from 500 Euros TTC* per event
*1 Day Event, Simple Course Format: Up to 5 Race Stages, 150 participants & 3 Race Categories.
Travel Costs calculated from our base in Moutiers, Savoie (73)
Please Email Us for a detailed quote for your event or to check our availability.
Trans-Savoie Race Timing Solutions
SportIdent Chip and Base-Station Timing System
Timing for XC and Enduro Mountain Bike Races, Mass-Start Enduros, Trail and Road Running events, Road Cycling & Randonées, Cyclo-Sportive race timing, Orienteering Challenges, Ski Touring and Ski Rando – you name it, we can do it!
To ensure 100% reliability of the timing system used in the Trans-Savoie, when we launched the event we decided we would invest in the best timing system currently available, and then run the whole set-up in-house.
Having now delivered more than 15 full events of up to 500 riders over multiple days (see our Enduro2 Global Series), sometimes in extremely difficult terrain and weather conditions – we have demonstrated a history zero timing issues or errors at any point during the event. To be clear on that, all competitors and all 27 stages of the event were timed without hiccup and fully automatically, without any need for manual adjustment or intervention. Quite an achievement given the huge and remote and challenging nature of the terrain and its timing stations.
Due to popular demand, we are now offering bespoke event timing support for events around the UK, Europe, and New Zealand using our Sportident timing system. This is thesame system used at the EWS, the Trans-Provence, the BC Enduro Series, the Trans-NZ, the ‘Ard Rock Enduro, and many more top-level events.
In addition to timing services we can offer race organisation consultancy / assistance.
Maximum number of competitors is 500 for any given event (or 1000 if racing in teams of 2).
Advantages of our unique SPORTIDENT timing system:
- timing stations do not require any power supply and are highly portable (about the size of an average wallet)
- timing stations are stand-alone and can be set up as unmanned if required
- results are stored on each individual competitors chip (and a back up is stored at the timing station) for double reliability
- results are available immediately as soon as the competitor completes their run (no delay to collect in the data from each individual timing station which may still be out on the course at the time the first participants reach the finish).
- results are given to participants automatically as they cross the finish line as an individual printout, displayed on a screen at the finish, and instantly uploaded “LIVE” to a dedicated hosted web-page for your event, throughout the event (assuming a 4G mobile signal is available at the location of the results station).
- Interim results can be provided at multiple checkpoints throughout each day of your race, too give participants and spectators regular “live” updates as the race progresses.
- Mass-start, team-start, or individual starts are equally possible.
- Single-stage, multi-stage, circuit or point-to-point courses are all equally possible
- Automatic “Safety Check” is integrated into our system. We know at all times who is out on course, who finished which stage, and who did not yet return to the finish. This removes the need for staff to manually check participants in and out at points along the stage – and to be sure your did no lose anyone, out on the course!
The timing system is particularly suited for Enduro or staged events, and the SPORTIDENT system like ours and software has been used at all Enduro World Series Races, since 2016. However it is equally useful at a running event or any other similar event where a single circuit or multiple timed stages or circuits need to be timed. Both Single and multi-day events are easy to achieve with excellent reliability.
Limitations of Our Timing System:
The technology in our timing system is not “wireless” or “contactless” like some other timing systems. This allows for the system to be extremely portable and very reliable (there is zero chance of “false starts” or “missed finishes” if the wireless system does not function as expected.
It does mean however that at each required checkpoint, each participant must physically “beep” their timing chip (usually worn on the wrist, on the bike handlebars, or bag-strap). Unmanned stations can be set up such that the participant themselves “beeps” into the checkpoint or start/finish point. If volunteers are available at your event, we find it works best (and is more fun and interactive for the participants) if a volunteer manually. “beeps” or “scans” each participant’s timing chip as they pass the checkpoint.
Practically speaking, this means you need to have a small “arrival zone” at each checkpoint so the participant can come to a complete stop (or close to a complete stop) in order to scan their timing chip.
We find this system to be extremely reliable and professional for any event where the winning time will be decided to as close as 1 or 2 seconds overall threshold, and/or where the participant arrives at the finish point and is able to come to a stop nearby, If you require accuracy of below 1 second, (for example elite level downhill MTB or Ski racing, or a short-distance track running event) you would probably be better to chose an alternative system.
Please contact us to discuss your requirements.
Additional Event Services & Equipment Hire
We also have at our disposal for hire. These are available only as an add-on to our race timing service:
- Large Enclosed Event tents (ideal for First Aid station, etc)
- Dome-Style Event Shelters
- Professional PA speaker system with hands-free (wireless) microphone.
- 100+ individual 2- and 3-man “pop-up” tents, inflatable camping mattresses and pillows
- Online Results hosting service
- Communications and Website Translation Service (French to English)
- MTB trailers (capacity 8 bikes)
- Camp-based “chill-out” area (chairs, inflatable sofa etc)
- Power-Bank and Recharge Stations for large groups