2017 Entries will open for application in October/November 2016
Trans-Savoie Big Alpine Enduro 2016 supported by SHIMANO
SOLD OUT – 2017 Entries Open October/November
Join our Facebook page for updates on the entry process.
Can’t make the event, but still want to experience a Trans-Savoie adventure this summer?
The final itinerary is subject to change at the organiser’s discretion / chance-happening of stumbling across even more amazing hidden, lift-accessed single-track.
The standard entry package includes camp accommodation, catering, and logistical support such that all entrants can focus 100% on your riding, and on an equal footing to all other competitors.
Reduced-Price, self-supported entires are also available on a limited basis (see below for details).
Trans-Savoie is possibly the most technically challenging and naturally hazardous MTB event in the world. Please be fully aware of the high level of self-sufficiency and general mountain awareness that is required to safely participate in this event.
If you are in any way unsure, we strongly advise firstly trying a week’s guided holiday with sister operation trailAddiction to sample the terrain and environment, before making your decision to participate.
2016 STANDARD ENTRY PACKAGE
- High quality campsite accommodation (individual tent)
- Quality catering (3 meals per day) plus trailside refuelling stations
- Daily logistical support / baggage transfer & full race support
- Fully sign-posted route in excess of 300km rideable terrain
- Electronic timing system and all associated equipment
- Route map and route / race crib notes
- Daily lift-passes as required to complete the route
- Vehicle support for breakdown / medical emergency
- On-site professional medical care & marshalls
- Limited Bike Maintenance from a team of mechanics
- Access to daily de-brief and evening social events
- Entry to end-of-event party and evening meal on Day 6
- Return shuttle to starting point, at the end of the event
- Airport transfers to/from Geneva are available only if pre-booked (£35 each way)
VANGO LUX-PACK UPGRADE PACKAGE OPTION
The LUX-PACK upgrade option is limited to 30 riders and includes:
- A Large, 3-man tent (for individual use) with mini-porch.
- A luxury, extra-thick sleeping matt – a full 50% thicker than our standard package.
- A Full-size pillow.
- A Vango Wilderness 350 sleeping bag (rental) – saves packing your own which can be important if flight baggage allowance is an issue.
- Bike wash and lube every night by our support team.
- One 30-minute sports-massage after the first day’s racing with priority on booking time slots thereafter from our campside professionals, MassageMe (as seen at European EWS events).
- Digital non-watermarked copies of all your own race photographs (for non-commercial use), as shot by our professional media crew.
SELF-SUPPORTED ENTRY PACKAGE
The self-supported option is ideal for those who wish to travel with non-racing companions who will be happy to drive your set-up from camp-to-camp for you each day, and who would prefer to eat with friends away from the Trans-Savoie catering halls
This entry package includes all options included in the standard package EXCEPT:
- Breakfast and Dinner each day (You must provide your own provision for your food -and cooking it – on camp).
- Tent and other camp equipment (Campsite fees and a single pitch including electrical hook-up are provided at each campsite)
- Transportation of your equipment and luggage from camp-to-camp
- Airport transfers
*If there are two of you who both wish to race, and you are sharing the same camper-van (with an extra third person who will drive the van and support you each day) then the second entrant will benefit from 1/3 off their entry fee.
Trans-Savoie Big Alpine Enduro 2016 – SOLD OUT
Joint our Facebook Page for updates about next year.
- Download & complete our 2016 pre-entry form.
- Email your completed pre-entry form in Excel or OpenOffice format to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Add ‘email@example.com’ and ‘firstname.lastname@example.org’ to your “trusted / safe” contacts, to help avoid junk filters!
- You will receive an email auto-response to confirm that we received your application.
- You will be advised on the success of your application within 5 days (max).
- If you are drawn from the entry pool, a deposit is payable within 5 days. Once your entry deposit is accepted, this confirmation deposit is non-refundable and non-transferable.
- The remaining balance of entry fee is due before 1st March 2016.
- Let us know your final travel plans by completing this form and emailing it back to us before 1st April latest.
- Arrange for a medical non-contra-indication certification from your medical practitioner, which is required to race in France. A valid UCI Race License is also acceptable.
- Ensure that you have full accident and rescue / medical insurance in place for the event. We strongly recommend cancellation insurance since we are not able to refund your entry fee in the event of your cancellation. See FAQ for our full cancellation policy.