Trans-Savoie supported by SHIMANO::: This is Big Alpine Enduro
***Can’t make the race, but still want to experience the Trans-Savoie adventure this summer?***
***trailAddiction has the perfect solution for you, right here***
Trans-Savoie 3rd Edition will take place 22nd to 29th August 2015 starting at Val d’Isere and ending in Les Contamines (Mont Blanc), France. The final itinerary is subject to change at the organiser’s discretion / chance happening of stumbling across even more amazing hidden, lift-accessed single-track.
The standard entry package includes camp accommodation, catering, and logistical support such that all entrants can focus 100% on racing, and on an equal footing to all other competitors.
Trans-Savoie is possibly the most technically challenging and naturally hazardous MTB event in the world. Please be fully aware of the high level of self-sufficiency and general mountain awareness that is required to safely participate in this event. If you are in any way unsure, we strongly advise firstly trying a week’s guided holiday with sister operation trailAddiction to sample the terrain and environment, before making your decision to participate. Alternatively, why not volunteer for camp duties this year and bag yourself guaranteed paid entry for the following year.
2015 Entires will open at 18:00 Greenwich Mean Time (GMT 0:00 / Standard Time) on FRIDAY 31st October 2014
A limited second wave of entries (around 20 places) will be available for release on 1st March 2015
There are no reserved places for Pro riders – if you are a Pro and want to participate, you are strongly advised to get your entry in early.
All entries are manually pre-screened by the organisers in order to ascertain that each entrant has demonstrated a minimum level of experience and technical competence to be eligible to participate safely.
100 Entries will then be allocated by random selection for all entries received during the first 24 hours AFTER the entry date. Note that this is not a first-come first-served entry system.
STANDARD ENTRY PACKAGE: 1629 Euros / 1295 GBP
- High quality campsite accommodation (individual tent)
- Quality catering (3 meals per day) plus trailside refuelling stations
- Daily logistical support / baggage transfer & full race support
- Fully sign-posted route in excess of 250km rideable terrain
- Electronic timing system and all associated equipment
- Route map and route / race crib notes
- Daily lift-passes as required to complete the route
- Vehicle support for breakdown / medical emergency
- On-site professional medical care & marshalls
- Airport transfers to/from Geneva if required (PLEASE SEE FAQ FOR TRANSFER TIMINGS)
- Limited Bike Maintenance from a team of mechanics & SHIMANO Race support
- Access to daily de-brief and evening social events
- Entry to end-of-event party and evening meal on Day 6
VANGO LUX-PACK UPGRADE PACKAGE OPTION: 249 Euros / 195 GBP
The LUX-PACK upgrade option is limited to 20 riders and includes:
- A Large, 3-man tent (for individual use) with mini-porch.
- A luxury, extra-thick sleeping matt – a full 50% thicker than our standard package.
- A Full-size pillow.
- A Vango Wilderness 350 sleeping bag (rental) – saves packing your own which can be important if flight baggage allowance is an issue.
- Bike check, wash and lube every night by our support team.
- One 30-minute sports-massage after the first day’s racing with priority on booking time slots thereafter from our campside professionals, MassageMe (as seen at European EWS events).
- High-res digital copies of all your own race photographs (for non-commercial use), as shot by our professional media crew. In 2013 this included MBR UK magazine’s staff photographer Roo Fowler, and Dirt / MBUK’s Mick Kirkman, plus renowned independent MTB Media guru Tom Grundy.
SELF-SUPPORTED RACE ENTRY PACKAGE: 1249 Euros / 995 GBP
This entry package includes all options included in the standard package EXCEPT:
- Breakfast and Dinner (Lunch, camp & course feed stations are included)
- Tent and other camp equipment (Camp fees and a single pitch including electrical hook-up are provided at each campsite)
- Transportation of your equipment and luggage from camp-to-camp
- Airport transfers
Trans-Savoie Big Alpine Enduro – Entry Process
Download & complete our 2015 pre-entry form
- Email your completed pre-entry form in Excel or OpenOffice format to firstname.lastname@example.org AFTER the entry opening time listed above. You will receive an email auto-response to confirm that we received your application. Please note early entries will be auto-rejected.
- You will be advised on the success of your application within 7 days of receipt of your email.
- To secure your place, the registration confirmation fee of 299 Euros / 249 GBP is payable within 5 days of receiving your entry provisional confirmation email from Trans-Savoie. Once your entry is accepted, this confirmation fee is non-refundable and non-transferable under any circumstances. Your entry will be confirmed by email on receipt of your payment. The remaining balance of entry fee is due before 1st April.
- If no payment is forthcoming and we do not hear from you, your application will be assumed withdrawn and your place will be offered to the next applicant on the wait-list without further notice.
- Let us know your final travel plans by completing this form and emailing it back to us before 1st May 2015 latest.
- Arrange for a medical non-contra-indication certification from your medical practitioner, which is required to race in France. A valid UCI Race License is also acceptable.
- Ensure that you have full accident and rescue / medical insurance in place for the event. We strongly recommend cancellation insurance since we are only able to refund your entry fee in specific circumstances in the event of your cancellation. See FAQ for our full cancellation policy.