Trans-Savoie supported by SHIMANO::: This is Big Alpine Enduro
***Can’t make the race, but still want to experience the Trans-Savoie adventure this summer?***
***trailAddiction has the perfect solution for you, right here***
Trans-Savoie 3rd Edition will take place 22nd to 29th August 2015 starting at Val d’Isere and ending in Les Contamines (Mont Blanc), France. The final itinerary is subject to change at the organiser’s discretion (hint hint).
The race package includes accommodation, catering, and logistical support such that all entrants can focus 100% on racing, and on an equal footing to all other competitors.
In the organiser’s opinion, this is possibly the most technically challenging and naturally hazardous MTB event in the world. Please be fully aware of this, and of the high level of self-sufficiency and general mountain awareness that is required to safely participate in this event. If you are in any way unsure, we strongly advise firstly trying a week’s guided holiday with sister operation trailAddiction to sample the terrain and environment, before making your decision to participate. Alternatively, why not volunteer this year and bag yourself guaranteed entry for the following year.
2015 Entires will open at 18:00 Greenwich Mean Time (GMT 0:00 / Standard Time) on FRIDAY 31st October 2014
A limited second wave of entries (around 20 places) will be available for release on 1st March 2015
There are no reserved places for Pro riders – if you are a Pro and want to participate, you are strongly advised to get your entry in early.
All entries are manually pre-screened by the organisers in order to ascertain that each entrant has demonstrated a minimum level of experience and technical competence to be eligible to participate.
100 Entries will then be allocated by random selection for ALL entries received and that pass pre-screening, in the first 24 hours AFTER the entry date. Note that this is not a first-come first-served entry system.
All entrants must demonstrate a very good technical competence suitable to safely participate, on their entry form
The race entry fee of 1499 EUROS / 1249 GBP includes:
- High quality campsite accommodation (individual tent)
- Quality catering (3 meals per day) plus trailside refuelling stations
- Daily logistical support / baggage transfer & full race support
- Fully sign-posted route in excess of 250km rideable terrain
- Electronic timing system and all associated equipment
- Route map and route / race crib notes
- Daily lift-passes as required to complete the route
- Vehicle support for breakdown / medical emergency
- On-site professional medical care & marshalls
- Airport transfers to/from Geneva if required (PLEASE SEE FAQ FOR TRANSFER TIMINGS)
- Limited Bike Maintenance from a team of mobile mechanics
- Access to daily de-brief and evening social events
- Entry to end-of-event party and evening meal on Day 6
Trans-Savoie Big Alpine Enduro – Entry Process
Download & complete our pre-entry form
- Email your completed pre-entry form in Excel or OpenOffice format to firstname.lastname@example.org AFTER the entry opening time listed above. You will receive an email auto-response to confirm that we received your application. Please note early entries will be auto-rejected.
- You will be advised on the success of your application within 5 days of receipt of your email.
- To secure your place, the registration confirmation fee of 299 Euros / 249 GBP is payable within 3 days of receiving your entry provisional confirmation email from Trans-Savoie. Once your entry is accepted, this confirmation fee is non-refundable and non-transferable under any circumstances. Your entry will be confirmed by email on receipt of your payment. The remaining balance of entry fee is due before 1st April 2015.
- If no payment is forthcoming, your application will be assumed withdrawn and your place will be offered to the next applicant on the wait-list without further notice.
- Let us know your travel plans by completing this form and emailing it back to us.
- Arrange for a medical non-contra-indication certification from your medical practitioner, which is required to race in France. A valid UCI Race License is also acceptable.
- Ensure that you have full accident and rescue / medical insurance in place for the event. We strongly recommend cancellation insurance since the registration fee is non-refundable & non-transferable.